Today’s blog is focused on the rumors surrounding the upcoming Pixel 2.
Phone rumors are always fun to check out. Especially if you are in the market for a new phone and you don’t have a clue what to get. However, the biggest question that crosses our minds when it comes to rumors is whether to believe them, or to take them with a grain of salt.
When it comes to the rumors about the Pixel 2, it’s hard to say. Here’s what we have found so far rumor-wise. The first set of Rumors you see below come from 9to5Google.com:
- LG will be (possibly) building the Pixel XL successor. If this is true, we could be looking at something modeled after the G6. What does that mean for people like you and I? Easier time taking in media (YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, playing games, etc) because of the new screen ratio that was introduced with the G6.
- The XL version will have a nearly 6 inch 1440p OLED panel from LG.
- The headphone jack may be leaving us. Now on the one hand, you can say goodbye to the tons of wired headphones (I’ve got about 4 myself) that you probably have. On the other hand, more people are getting Bluetooth headphones (I have a pair), and with the popularity of Bluetooth speakers, maybe it’s not so bad after all. Up to you guys to decide on this one.
- The codenames for the the Pixel are ‘walleye’ and ‘taimen’. Fish. Tasty. Maybe. Walleye will be made by HTC, and the Taimen model will either be made by LG, or by HTC. as stated before there may be third model, which may be the LG model.
- Walleye, will basically have the the same design as last years model. Bezels will be larger, surrounding the 4.97 inch 1920 x 1080 display. Not necessarily that bad, but with the Galaxy S8 and the LG G6, folks who are longing for less bezels wont find it here.
- The specs will be updated to match this years flagships specs. Snapdragon 835 processor, 4GB of RAM, and 64GB storage options. Last year, the Pixel had a 32GB option and a 128GB option.
- The Pixel models will stick to a single lens, staying away from dual camera crazy and deciding to be a little different. Most folks don’t always have a need for dual cameras, so this may be a welcome change for a flagship phone.
- Expect to see a slight change to the two tone back of the phones, as well.
- From Japanese Blog Soku (found by way of BGR) traces of the Pixel 2 devices were found in the code of the squeezable HTC U11. So will the both devices be made by HTC? Or will LG have an option as well?
As the rumors come fast and furious for the Pixel 2 devices, this blog will be updated. The Pixel still stands as one of the more important devices to launch from Google. Hopefully the devices will continue the trend.